Welcome to the website for CLUB WEST, INC. We are a Santa Barbara-based track and field/running group, supporting competitors ranging from masters athletes to elementary school students. In operation since 1972, the club is composed of track and field officials, coaches, competitive athletes, community runners and track supporters. It actively promotes track and field and running programs on a number of levels:
- Santa Ynez Track Club – Junior Olympics Results
16 athletes from the Santa Ynez Track Club competed in the SoCal Junior Olympics at Cerritos College the weekend of June 11/12.Athletes who finished in the top 8 were invited to compete in the Region 15 Junior Olympics two weeks later.Five members of the club advanced to the Region 15 Meet:
- Aldo Anguiano – 8th Grade – Shot Put: Took 3rd place and qualified for Nationals.
- Jessi Rae Flynn – 4th Grade – Javelin: Took 1st place and qualified for Nationals.
- Kennah Shaffer – 6h Grade – Long Jump: 6th Place.
- Amelia Villa – 6th Grade – Long Jump: 10th Place.
- Hailey Chirgwin – 1st Grade – Long Jump: 11th Place.”
- Club West Youth Running Sessions for K-12 – Summer 2016
Wednesdays from 4 – 6 pm at Shoreline Park.
- McConnell’s Endurance Events – Sunday, August 21, 2016
Goleta Beach County Park
Sponsored by Club West
5K, 10K, Run/Swim Biathlon, Kid’s Mile, One Mile Ocean Swim
- Club West 40th Masters’s and Open Track and Field Meet
October 30, 2016 – Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA
Click here for more information
Click here for a Tentative Meet Schedule
Club West, Inc. was chosen in May, 2007 as the winner of the “Intergenerational Effort of the Year” by the Central Coast Commission for Senior Citizens Area Agency with certificates of congratulations and commendation from the U.S. Congress, the California Legislature and the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors. Earlier in the year, it was awarded a certificate from the City of Santa Barbara Parks & Recreation Department for “Recognition for Outstanding Service and Dedication to after-school track and field programs.”
Club West, Inc. is a member club of USA Track & Field.